CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Our Missionary Son has found the Internet!!!

This is his mission president. (Notice Zach's hair!)
1st "real" email from Zach

I live in a kind of apartment on the outskirts of town it is an ok place there are 4 elders in the place me 2 other Americans and an south African which comes from jo'burg. eating is good I don’t have as big of an appetite here but I think that’s just because I'm not used to the food yet but we eat rice a lot and I like the local dish called fu-fu( we get it at restaurants) and we eat a lot of spaghetti. We only get 100 cedi a month which is about $105 dollars so money is tight. I hand wash all my clothes and we do it an interesting way but you will see in the pictures. My bed is too small for my body and yes I sleep in a mosquito net (I got pictures of all of this). Yes I take my doxy every day and I haven't got malaria yet!! My companion elder Johnson is very nice and is a good missionary. And we walk everywhere!!! We walk an average of about 8-10 miles a day and I now know why I need the hankies (we sweat alot!!!!!) I got to perform the baptism this past Saturday and it was pretty dang cool!! And something I figured out the other day is that most elders are out for 730 days but I got 731 because of leap year...lol.but I’m out of time so send this to everyone and tell them I love them and if there are questions unanswered just ask but ill talk to ya'll next week. Elder Collins!!!!!!
Feb. 18
hey so yea i let a kid in the mtc cut my hair with my little trimmer!!! and i lost 10 pounds in the MTC but now i dont know because we dont eat very healthy out in the field..lol.. but i think im just losing muscle :( but o well. so in my mission it is probably over 50% Americans so i probably will have more american companions. so i did get the first letter from you and Kristi during the week( k's was long..lol) but thats all i got so far but i get mail on Tuesdays . yea i can only e-mail family. we get 1 hour on the internet. I dont know the number of people we are teaching but it's a lot. well in my area we we can't really contact because my area is a university but its all good. church is pretty much the same out here so. tell ryan and austin i said hey.ok so i will do the pictures next week and i will try to remember my pin but idk and my card expires like july of '09.ok so some things that i would like to have.- speghetti and rice sauce/spice packets( thats all we eat)- quacker oatmeal little packets( a lot there isnt really anything good for breakfast here)-power bars-mashed potatoes and gravy packets-pictures- family( have none) and friends ( K!, jenny, liz, etc)-shoe soles( the dr.scholles shoes soles stink i need reg ones.)- if dad could do this i need as much info on these religions as quick as possible- cathelic,presby, muslem-candy-starbursts thats it for now and im out of time so tell everyone i love them and i write some more experiences next week if you dont have any more ? loveelder collins

0 comments: